About the Rag Network
The goal of the Rag Network is to post interesting news items and discuss them with other users. Whether you are interested in the latest celebrity gossip, world news or what is going on in the gaming industry, we have the rag for you. The Rag Network allows you to get credit and recognition for those cool articles you find and to share them with friends and family.
Ragging is not a game of quantity; it's one of quality. The concept is simple: find interesting and breaking headlines, add your personal take, and see how the community reacts. If you have no comments, it is a good sign your article sucked and you should find better ones. Make sure to edit your title — the better it is, the more attention you will get. Use your take to tell other users exactly what you think about this item and to open up conversation. If you do all this well, you will be well on your way to being the Editor of the Day!
Raggers are welcome to have healthy discussions and debates, but please do it maturely and do not act like a jackass, or you will politely be shown the door. We encourage everyone to state their opinions and back up their beliefs in an intelligent manner, but there are limits. We will not tolerate anyone who is only here to spew hate. You will receive one warning and then you will be booted off the site. For most of you, this will never be an issue. If you have a question, you can email support or ask one of our bouncers to help you out.
Play nice and have fun!
- Exclusive Tips from the Top Raggers on Playrag!
- Playrag Bible
- Do I need to sign up to participate?
- How do I make a profile?
- How do I customize my profile?
- How do I change my password?
- What are Alerts?
- How do I submit an article?
- Why was my article or comment deleted?
- How do I report an inappropriate article, take, or comment?
- How do I become a Top Ragger?
- How do I become Editor of the Day?
- What is a Rising Star?
- What are pops?
- What are Interesting Votes?
- How do the levels work?
- How do I know what level I am on?
- What is a follower?
- How do I stop being someone's follower?
- How do I send a private message?
- How do I import my contacts?
- How do I invite my friends?
- Only post current and news worthy rags. Posting boring or old news will count against your overall ranking.
- Title your rags so they are eye catching. Clever titles will draw more attention to your post and increase the number of pops, interest votes, and comments you receive.
- An ingeniously written take will also earn you more pops, views, and comments.
- Browse, comment, and give out interest votes on other worthy rags. Participation is everything and knowing what others are posting will prevent you from posting duplicate articles.
- Comment on other rags with style. Witty comments will earn you other users' interest and help increase your overall ranking. Plus, come on, while grabbing other peoples brilliant stories is fantastic, commenting in your own incredible style is at least as fantastic. You're here to contribute your ideas as well as the things you find!
- Share your rags with your imported contacts and other friends. This will help increase the number of pops, interest votes, and comments you get. Bring them in on the fun!
You do not need to sign up to read articles or comment. However, you will not be able to comment, pop, drop, give interest votes, start collecting points, or level up without a profile.
Click on the 'Join the rag network!' link on the top right and Playrag will lead you through the rest.
Log into your account and click on the 'my profile' link at the top of your page. You can update your profile information and photo there.
You can change your password by clicking on your 'my profile' link and then clicking on the 'change your password' link at the bottom of the page.
Your Alerts will keep you updated on all activity on the site as it happens. When you become someone's follower, you will be alerted anytime they post or comment so you can easily follow your favorites. Alerts can easily be customized to your preference by clicking on the 'alert options' link underneath the alert box.
Submitting articles on Playrag is easy. Fill in the link to the story you want to submit into the top right of any page and click on the 'start a new rag' button, and Playrag will walk you through the rest.
- It was a duplicate/recent posting
- The photo or title did not meet our standards
- It was inappropriate or irrelevant in its language, subject, or content
- It was flamebait or personally attacked a fellow community member
- You posted more than 3 articles in a row
- It was spam
If you see inappropriate takes or comments, click on the report link.
Top Raggers make Playrag a lively place! They bring us news and let their opinions be known through votes & comments. Be sure to read the exclusive tips from the Top Raggers. The most active users become Top Raggers.
When high-level members really enjoy your comments and takes on articles, they may think you deserve to be highlighted on the site, above everyone else. When you get more interest votes than anyone else in a 24-hour period, you are featured in the Editor of the Day spotlight for a whole day the very next day!
Is it their witty comments? Is it the news they bring? Whatever it is, Rising Stars stay in the public's eye and know how to get raves from the other raggers. Showing a lot of interest in a user's takes and comments will help them become a Rising Star! You don't have to be an senior member to become a Rising Star -- you just have to become visible and well-liked in the community.
If you see an article that catches your attention, you can tell the rest of the Rag Network that you think this article is worth more attention by clicking on the "pop!" link. On the other hand, if you think the article is boring or you simply don't like it, click on the "drop!" link.
As you browse articles and comments you will see questions like, "Was this comment interesting?" If you think the article or comment was funny or insightful or cool, let the writer know by giving them an interest vote. The more people who think they are interesting, the more points and credibility they get.
As you level up, or become a Rising Star, you'll get more points for every action you take.
In various places on Playrag, you will find a percentage and an Interest vote count. The percentage is simply the number of interest votes a user recieved divided by the total number of votes the user recieved. The Interest vote count is the number of interesting votes, not counting the votes that didn't find your writing interesting. Both Interest vote and the Interest score can be found in user profiles, and both have daily and overall values as well.
As you post more articles and interact on Playrag you will accumulate points based on your credibility and consistency in posting quality, up to date news, comments and star power ratings.
You can keep track of your personal statistics and level as well as that of any raggers by clicking into their profile.
The best raggers will attract followers who want to receive an email alert every time they post a new rag. The better your rags, the more followers you will attract. You can also become a follower of any ragger by clicking into their profile and selecting the 'become a follower' link.
You can stop being someone's follower by clicking into their profile and selecting the 'remove me as a follower' link.
You can send members private messages on Playrag by clicking on the intended recipients profile and selecting the 'send me a private message' link.
Click on the 'my contacts' link at top right and follow the prompts. Playrag will automagically import your address book from hotmail, yahoo and gmail or you can enter them manually.
Click on the 'invite your friends' link on the right side of your page and follow the prompts. You will receive extra points and increase your level when you invite your friends.